Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5076 LED TruBrite 15.6-Inch Laptop (Grey/Black) Reviews
no microphone comes with November 27, 2010
although it's a good laptop, when I use skype, no microphone is found, so ther is no microphone to talk.
In love with a sexy laptop August 15, 2010
I've had it for a couple weeks now, it runs great, the graphics for my video games are awesome, and it was easy set up. I got this mechanism for gaming, surfing, keeping in touch while traveling. It works perfect for all those things; I have no complaints at this time.
A Quad Core with a great battery life !!! September 27, 2010
Worth every penny when it comes to looks, performance and display.
I've owned a Dell Inspiron 6400 before this, so my entire review is influenced by my personal experience next to that machine.
The Dell I owned was a highly customized laptop with some of the best specs available to me 3 years ago. But the battery sucked. (Only time will tell how good the battery is on this TOSHIBA)
The one thing I miss within my Toshiba is Bluetooth, since I'm used to transferring pictures and taking back up from my phone all the time, over bluetooth. A conenience definitely, but its absence in Toshiba is definitely not a Limitation.
- The Display is brilliant. At its highest setting, the screen looks bright enough to be capable of read even in bright sunlight in a park (not that I do it, but its just an example to give you an idea of how bright it is)
- The Multi-touch fingerpad is quite useful once you get used to it. You can tweak its settings from the properties, and I have my 'Right Mouse Button', 'Middle Mouse Button', two finger scrolling, pinch zoom, picture rotation, adjectives set on my fingerpad. I barely have to use the buttons under the finger pad. A lot of other settings enable me to control my mouse pointer like a well seasoned chef playing with a chef's knife!
- The processor, albeit a tad raucous, does perform the way it is supposed to. I mean hey, its a Quad core, and so I tested it out by having Firefox and Chrome with 4-5 tabs each open while I played Left 4 Dead. I could never do this on my Inspiron (Core 2 Duo with a 2 GB RAM, but here on TOSHIBA it be a breeze!!! (Touchwood!)
- The battery lasts me a good 2.5 - 3 hours with lots of applications running, some videos, and gaming (all of this at 50% screen brightness) which I think is pretty decent.
- I like the little button above the fingerpad which let me lock/unlock my fingerpad; so if I'm merely typing something, I can avoid mouse interference when my wrist or palm brushes over it mistakenly, by simply pressing that button and locking the mousepad.
- The fingerpad is placed on the left half of the computer, so using it with my right hand is a little inconvenient. I am ambidextrous so it isn't too big a deal for me, but still I wish it was a little more to the center.
- There's no depression or demarcation of the fingerpad from the rest of the body (except that it get a little rough textured) so my fingers tend to run out of the fingerpad when using it to scroll or do fancy stuff.
- A little noisy at times. The fan starts running and doesn't give up... It doesn't happen all the time, and its not a big problem to me, but its just something I noticed. (Considering the fact that in attendance are 4 processors at work here, I think high fan work is expected)
- Definitely a finger print magnet.
- The keyboard and mousepad buttons seem a little delicate and too plastic-ey!
-Lack of Bluetooth!
- Loads of useless software comes pre-installed, but you can always remove it, so its not a major problem to me.
Overall, I mull over this is a very good machine, perfect for someone who is not into extreme computing or super rich!
Good price, more than a decent performance, and good battery life.
I clearly recommend it to anyone who wants to buy a nice processor at a nice price!
The reason I've given it 5 stars despite a not too short list of cons is because none of those cons are a deal breaker to me, nor do they even remotely outweigh the pros of this product.
Toshiba uses Conexant for onboard audio - Does not allow propper recording December 29, 2010
I purchased this same exact model from another vendor, but I felt compelled to post another review here to get the word out about some problems near this computer.
First off, I would not recommend this laptop, or any other TOSHIBA laptop that uses the Conexant on-board audio chip set. If you are a online DJ, want to talk through Skype, or simply wish to do a video capture of your screen with sound, you will not be able to.
Windows 7 disabled the ability to manually control a setting call, wave-out, or better known as, stereo-mixer, which was available in every other version up until Vista. If the manufacturer of the sound card manually provided drivers for this option, Windows 7 will detect it, as I have seen near Realtek, or Creative Sound Blaster on my older, upgraded computers.
Conexant purposefully left out this feature in its PC and laptop sound cards. They have issued statements, through such websites as www.stereo-mix.com, that they have not plans to provide drivers for this purpose. Because of this blatant disregard for their customers, I recommend that all PC's and Laptops with this on-board audio be avoided, as all right as their sound cards in general. Toshiba has the ability to include a separate audio chipset and I suggest they do to avoid further embarrassment from Conexant.
Toshiba S5076 November 1, 2010
Good laptop with economic price.
However due to AMD cpu, CPU fan is other working to cool down the CPU.
Also Average CPU temp is higher than 50C.
Related Product Reviews:
- Dell Adamo 13 A13-6349PWH 13.4-Inch Laptop (Pearl White) Reviews
- Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.66GHz Laptop Reviews
- HEWLETT PACKARD - HP - TM2T TABLET PC - Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Duo SU7300 (1.30GHz, 800MHz FSB) w/Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD, 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500 GB SATA HD, , Fingerprint Reader, Intel Wireless-N Card, 12.1" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP LED Widescreen (1280x800) with Integrated Touch-screen Reviews
- HP G56-122US Notebook PC Laptop 15.6-Inch Widescreen High Definition LED Laptop, Black Imprint Finish, AMD Athlon II Dual-Core P340 2.20GHz Processor, 3 GB DDR3 Memory, 320 GB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium, Up to 4 hours battery life Reviews
- ASUS N53JQ-A1 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Silver Aluminum) Reviews