Sony VAIO VPC-F133FX/B 16.4-Inch Laptop (Black) Reviews
Piece of junk.... do not waste your money December 21, 2010
Two of these Sony Vaio VPCF1 series lapotops failed on me. The first one, after 5 months of usage, had a keyboard failure, which Sony could not fix; so after 1 month of waiting they replaced the laptop (with an identical one).
The replacement laptop (brand new) failed after 3 weeks of usage - this time the display went out.
Sony refuse to give me a refund, instead they simply replaced it with an identical lapotop (yet again) that I did not want. Horrible in-store customer "service". More like customer annoyance.
Do not waste your money. This is a very inferior product compared to other lapotops.
Wish it came in blue, but otherwise foolproof! November 29, 2010
This is the 4th Sony Vaio I've had. I loved my VGN-FZ4000 (which I had in blue) until it crashed, I mean literally crashed on the floor, which damaged my motherboard. So last week I had to get a replacement. I was sorely tempt by the Sony Vaio EB series, which comes in a variety of colors, but function won out over form and I couldn't be happier.
Despite the lack of color, I couldn't be happier. It's fast. It's beautiful. The display is stunning. The keyboard feels great. I run a marketing consulting company, so I frequently have Photoshop, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Google Chrome, and Tweetdeck all unscrew at once. These heavy duty applications used to slow down my processor and put my fan into high gear. This computer seems to just take it all in stride.
Worth the price December 4, 2010
This Sony Vaio is truly a great P.C. It runs cool with very well designed fan ports, it falls in the high end of laptops and offers a great value for the price and features. Here's a list of pros and cons:
- Attractive, intelligent design
- Comfortable, well designed backlit keyboard
- Bright, clear monitor (@720p)
- Integrated Blu-Ray player
- High-end Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia GPU
- Quick; excellent for gaming
- 3 USB ports, two of which are USB 3.0
- Conveniently placed power chord insert and power button
- Solid computer and sturdy monitor
- Good speakers for a laptop
- Webcam have decent image
- The USB 3.0 ports are on the front right and can get in the way if you use a laptop pad with integrated mousepad (not a problem for most users)
- The third USB port is combined with the eSATA port, so you lose out on a USB if you use eSATA
- No "always on" feature for backlighting the baby grand
- Comes with Windows 7 Home Premium. Windows 7 Ultimate should be standard at this price point.
I had trouble finding cons with this laptop. If you're looking for a quality gaming or entertainment PC, look no further.
Don't buy this computer. December 2, 2010
I would not buy this computer -- it's loud!, the fan runs constantly, the DVD player sounds like a jet engine, and it's really not that fast for the price/config.
Related Product Reviews:
- Used iBook G4/800, 1.2 GB of RAM, 30 GB internal drive, internal Combo Drive, internal 56k modem, Airport Extreme installed, 12" display Reviews
- Lenovo ThinkPad SL510 28479XU 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Reviews
- Acer Aspire 1830 TimelineX 11.6" Laptop - Black Reviews
- ASUS G53JW-A1 Republic of Gamers 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop (Black) Reviews
- HP Pavilion dm4t Customizable Notebook PC Reviews