15.6" Mainstream Notebook Reviews
Great laptop for a killer price November 9, 2010
I purchased this laptop about two weeks ago. I was a bit concerned about the MSI brand and I cannot speak for the reliability because I have not had it very long, but so far, it is a great machine. It has a 3 year manufacture warranty - which usually is an additional $150 for an extended warranty on most brands. Seems solidly built (better than my HP laptop anyway) and has high quality components. Screen is very bright (a little glossy for my taste, but that is a preference thing). Chicklit the ivories is awesome - very similar to a Mac. First thing I did after buying was upgrade to 8GB of RAM (not overkill for the apps I run). The laptop is VERY fast. Instantaneous response. Good battery life. Webcam could be higher resolution. Only 1 year warranty on screen (which is industry standard anyway). Fairly light. Good support and smooth driver downloads...
I would highly recommend. Cannot be beat for the price. Am now an MSI fan.
Related Product Reviews:
- Lenovo ThinkPad SL510 28479XU 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black) Reviews
- HP Pavilion DV6-1050US 16.0-Inch Laptop (2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 400 GB Hard Drive, DVD Drive, Vista Premium) Reviews
- Samsung - Laptop R480 / Intel Pentium Processor / 14" Display / 4GB Memory / 320GB Hard Drive / BLURAY - Red/Black Reviews
- Used iBook G4/800, 1.2 GB of RAM, 30 GB internal drive, internal Combo Drive, internal 56k modem, Airport Extreme installed, 12" display Reviews
- ASUS UL80Ag-A1 Thin and Light 14-Inch Black Laptop - 12 Hours of Battery Life (Windows 7 Home Premium) Reviews