Acer AS5551-2805 15.6-Inch Notebook Computer Reviews
A learning experience in laptop shopping December 6, 2010
My previous laptops were IBM, Dell, and Gateway. Being out of work, I was looking to buy the most computer for the least money. Get the size screen I want, roomy keyboard, highest RAM, enough HD storage space and best processor...but match them all out for the optimum computer.
And this ACER was the best choice, dollar for dollar.
BUT..of course there is a but.....the keyboard and the joints/joinings for different parts feel 'cheap'. The plastic molding around the screen pulled out (away from the actual screen) when I was removing the film that covered adjectives parts of the laptop when it is shipped. The rt/lf click on the built-in mousepad is very clunky.
You do get what you pay for. IF this ACER lasts 2 years without breaking (the keyboard, the casement, the cables between screen and computer, etc) I'll be consumption my words.
Comparable models (same RAM, HD Memory, Dual Processor) of other makes were 30-50% higher in price. Technology developing as fast as it does, 3 years out of a laptop should be plenty.
It is worth the money November 7, 2010
I purchased it 1 month ago and the price was $515. Everything has been working well during the ending month. But it is a little bit slow running matlab. Generally it is worth the price.
Related Product Reviews:
- Apple MacBook Air MC506LL/A 11.6-Inch Laptop Reviews
- ASUS N61JQ-X1 16-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Dark Brown) Reviews
- ASUS NX90JQ-B1 18.4-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Silver Aluminum) Reviews
- ASUS A52F-XA1 15.6-Inch Versatile Entertainment Laptop (Black) Reviews
- Toshiba Portege R705-P25 13.3-Inch Laptop (Magnesium Finish in Blue) Reviews