Acer AS1551-4650 11.6-Inch Notebook Reviews
Great Little Netbook November 18, 2010
We have been using this netbook for just over a month now and we are very happy with our purchase. We had a Gateway before and it be good but it died on us so I did a tonne of research before we bought this one.
This one had everything we wanted; HDMI, dual processor, full Windows 7 etc. We think it works very fast, especially compared to our old laptop which we thought was pretty speedy. The size of this one is perfect too. I wasn't keen on the 10.1 inch ones because I thought they were too small and our last one was a 15.6 inch which was a little too big to be portable.
We love the HDMI output, we hook it up to our TV to watch stuff from Hulu and Netflix. I also like how it seem to auto-adjust when you plug in the HDMI cable, we always had to fiddle with the settings on our Gateway to get it to display correctly on our TV. All in all I am glad we went beside this one.
good little laptop November 12, 2010
this laptop is decent...the speed is could be better but what can you expect from a laptop at this price and this little...it is I warn you a little slow in processing a few things at once...if you have one internet explorer open and open another one, it takes a few second to load everything up...but this is coming from me a guy who custom builts his own desktop soo...but try it out..perfect for students..faster than most netbooks...
- its faster than most netbooks at this price range.
- battery seems to last ok, about 3-4 hrs on power saving mode.
- not heavy at adjectives
- top of screen is mesh...no finger print identity stolen or shall i say not a finger print magnet
- thats all i can think of at this moment
- the key pad seems to be not a regular or triditional key pad but wider contained by length...if you are used to
the normal key pads you will need to get use to this one beacause everything is spaced a little wider
- it does tend to get hot with only one enthusiast blowing out the hot air on the left hand side where the
plug goes into. (major con; as it produces more heat there when charging and close to the cpu)
- dont be freaked out if the resolutions for your games are smaller not abling you to play with comfort. so
far i havent found a fix to this but the resolution changes into a traditional square similar to resolution,
not wide enough to fit your screen. I've tried everything i can find online but no fix.
- i dont know if you consider this a con but the screen and side of the screen scratches very easily.
thats all i could believe of right now as amazon send me so many emails just to review this product...hope this helps a little and good luck...ohh and i bought mine when it was selling at $424...that was nearly 3 weeks ago and it was the best deal i can find after much shopping online and on the web. Also looking at and researching the benchmark the many cpu for these netbooks this one had the best cpu for the price...64 bit processor i would say this is the best for the price...i dont mean to sound bigoted but if you are just an average user and havent owned or experience a swift comp, get this laptop...its comparable to my bros 2 years old vostro 200 desktop from dell...well thats it ill leave things here...good luck on your search
Related Product Reviews: