Mobile Edge MESFMB ScanFast Messenger Bag (Black) Reviews
Worked great at Security November 18, 2008
I purchased this check-point friendly bag for a recent trip to Mexico. I was able to unzip it, flip it open like a book, place it on the scanner belt and go right through without removing the laptop. I had no problems at Security in any country. I don't know if it really saved me that much time, but it was easier, felt more organized and I had less concern about not getting my computer back on the other side. The bag is nicely made and looks resembling it will last a long while. The "springy" strap was more comfortable than I had expected. The only negative is that I could have used a little more storage space.
Closest To Perfect that I can Find January 7, 2010
All of us briefcase toting, messenger bag carrying, man-bag hauling, big-purse lugging men and women are looking for the perfect satchel to accompany us as we work, travel, attend school, or go/do anything else that requires a us to bring and store portable "stuff". And as we all know, our "stuff" includes more than the laptop; it includes all those other things we define as necessities.
Let me say first that this bag is not perfect but it is as close to perfect as I hold found. It is so close that I have temporarily suspended my quest for the perfect laptop case. I would have given it a 4 7/8 star rating if I could but alas, I cannot. Here goes:
1. Firm construction with good materials, heavy zippers, good stitching.
2. Lays flat for screening. You must, on happening, try to educate the TSA official that the laptop need not ride the belt naked, irradiated and alone. Hey, it is their screening machine though and they make the rules (and change them) so, if that doesn't work and you want to make the plane, let it step - just let it ride by itself.
3. Well proportioned pockets - fits a "bunch of stuff" (technical travel term).
4. Large number of pockets. Always, repeat always required. One large "dump" pocket that allows all your stuff to rattle around or lump at the bottom is not acceptable.
5. That thingie that lets you hang it on your luggage wheel handle is nicely done with Velcro.
6. The price. As compared with at least 3 other sources, this price from Amazon is excellent.
7. Forms to your hips like that hot fudge sundae you ate last night. Doesn't giggle similar to that hot fudge sundae you ate last night.
8. Doesn't rub your shoulder raw.
9. The strap swivels are a little cranky but you get used to them. The do not unbuckle unexpectedly.
OK, un-bate your breath as to why it is not perfect. Just 2 things, both personal and neither may apply to you:
1. There is no key fob to hang your car key securely (love the word "fob" - don't know the origin though). I adapted another solution that seems to work, and
2. I cannot lock the zippered compartments to my liking. You know how you are standing in lines at airports, car rental counters, hotel check-ins, conference registrations, etc and people are oblivious to your personal space? Well, I have thought that would be the perfect place for someone to soothingly unzip my case and take something. Or, on a less paranoid note, I am always concerned that I am really not too bright and I will leave a zipper open (just on the messenger case only, please) and small things resembling thumb drives will be lost. Therefore, I like to place a small carabiner through the pulls on the zipper and lock those compartments. No real security - just a habit for peace of mind. The placement of the zippers on the front compartments, where it is most convenient to place small items do not allow this.
Otherwise, my 4 7/8 rated case is working very all right. Continued long-term viability to be determined.
A great Bag, with one exception July 3, 2009
I purchased this bag about six weeks ago. I thought since I travel every week, it would be a time and hassle saver going through security. It does, indeed, live up to their promise in that aspect.
A few weeks after I purchased it, one of the seams started to rip open. I be shocked, being that it was only 2 weeks old. Fortunely I was in Anaheim, CA on business and I went to the factory, direct. They were very nice and give me a replacement bag. Again, a nice endorsement for the product.
The only issue is this; The latch points for the shoulder strap are a faulty design. If the strap gets twisted, and it does often during travel, the latch pops open and the bag goes crashing to the floor near all of your items, including your laptop, inside. This has happened three times in the last few weeks. My laptop was cosmetically damaged, but is still functional.
I have recently written to the company to see if in attendance is a solution. If they come up with an acceptable fix, i would no doubt give this product a glowing 5 star review.
I guess we will see.
FOund everything I needed in this Bag December 7, 2010
This laptop bag was everything I expected it to be and a little bit more. All of the pockets are great and the shoulder strap have some stretch to it, which makes it so its not digging into your shoulder. I was worried that the strap might keep disconnecting like I read in a previous review but that was not a problem in this case.
I've had the pouch almost a month and I've taken it through 4 security checkpoints thus far and the TSA security never had a problem with me leaving in the bag through the scanner, which makes it quick and undemanding for security.
This bag is also great because on travel I do have to carry 2 laptops and this bag handles it no problem. The stiching looks the same as when it arrived in the mail.
Currently this pouch has been great and I'd recommend it to anyone traveling, needing to carry 2 laptops or just needing a comfortable bag to carry around. Also the pocket which allows it to slide over you handle on your rolling suitcase it spotless!
Related Product Reviews:
- Speck Products See Thru Hard Shell Case, for 13-inch MacBook Aluminum Unibody/Black Keyboard MB13AU-SEE-CLR-D (Clear) - DOES NOT FIT WHITE MACBOOK Reviews
- TRENDnet Gigabit PC Card Card TEG-PCBUSR Reviews
- Speck Products CorePack Fly Notebook Messenger Bag for Laptops up to 15 Inches in Restart Grayscale Pixel, NBAG-CORE15-PXLGRY Reviews
- Acme Made Smart Laptop Sleeve, NetBook (Wet White Antik) Reviews
- Microsoft Laptop Messenger Bag--Apex Reviews